Sunday, 8 January 2012

Information from my professional inquiry


Tasks performed by six interviewed individuals who work in arts organisations:

  • Public sector organisation: Dance clubs, registers monitoring students attendance, chorographical assignments and performance routines resulting in an end of year performance.
  • Volunteer sector organisation: annual written reports, newsletters, grants, action plans, meetings and various projects that benefit the organisation and youth.
  • Private sector organisation: designing flyers, posters, newsletters and website. Admin work and events management resulting in events, lessons and workshops. 
Tasks I perform as a professional performing arts teacher
  •  Lesson planning, register taking, monitoring students, writing end of term reports, teaching dance class and organising choreography for dance shows.

Some of the tasks that I perform in my professional practice are similar to the tasks performed in the three organisations. My professional inquiry has made me aware that I may need to learn new skills enabling me to apply for grants.
Creating a professional artefact has allowed me to develop my skills using Microsoft Excel when creating bar charts and grafts to represent statistics.
Creating slides for my oral presentation has allowed me to develop my Microsoft PowerPoint skills. I also believe that my oral presentation will give me the experience of presenting my work to a group of people. This is a skill that I can use when conducting meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment